The Alto Pro Uber FX features a rechargeable 12v, 7ah lead-acid battery (L: 151mm x W: 65mm x H: 100mm). These are very common battery types for consumer and professional-level products alike.
Rechargeable lead-acid batteries are the same type used in automobiles. As with your car battery, how you use this battery has a significant impact on its lifespan. For example, if you forget to turn off your car's lights and drain the battery, a jump start may work a few times. But after a few full discharges, even a jump won't help, and the battery will need to be replaced. With proper use and treatment, a lead-acid battery can last for years. Here are some recommendations for getting the longest life from the internal battery:
- Fully charge the battery before using it and after every use
- For maximum life, drain the battery 80% once a month.
- Avoid completely draining the battery.
- Avoid storing in high temperatures and moist places.
- For long-term storage, periodically recharge the battery. If you do not charge the battery for six months, it may not charge again.
- Bring the battery to a recycling center or dispose of it in accordance with local ordinances.
If you are no longer reaching a reasonable charge with the battery, or the battery does not charge at all, this may indicate that it is time to replace it with a new one.
Only use an approved replacement battery that meets the specifications provided by Alto Pro. To inquire about the availability of replacement batteries, please contact Alto Pro Technical Support or your nearest distributor.
IMPORTANT: Disconnect all power cables, audio cables, and accessories. Make sure that the Alto Uber FX is completely disconnected from any electrical power outlets.
1) Remove the back panel by unscrewing the (14) screws. This will require a 2.5mm hex tool. There will be eight longer screws in the middle (green) and six shorter screws around the outside (red).
2) With the back panel removed, you'll see the battery seated near the bottom, surrounded by foam for a snug fit.
3) To remove the battery, tilt the Uber FX backward and hold it about 2-inches from the ground with the battery compartment facing down.
4) Gently tap the Uber FX several times on the ground by the wheels and gravity should allow the battery to start to slip out slowly. Once the battery has slipped out enough to grab, you can use your hands to gently pull the battery from the cavity.
5) Once the battery has been completely removed from the cavity, slide the metal connector for each wire off of the battery terminals to disconnect it.
IMPORTANT: Note how the terminals on the battery are connected. The red connector must be connected to the red positive terminal. The other connector (blue or black) is connected to the black negative terminal. The replacement battery must be connected the same way. Failure to connect to the correct terminals could result in damage to your product.
6) Grab your replacement battery and attach the wires the same way they were connected to the old battery. Connecting the wires correctly is crucial to the new battery working properly.
7) Slide the new battery into the cavity with the terminals at the top and gently push until the back of the battery is flush with the back of the Pathfinder.
8) Replace the back panel and re-insert the screws.
9) Power on the Uber FX and enjoy! Be sure to connect the Uber FX to an outlet to fully charge the new battery as soon as possible, and read through the Battery Life section above for tips on keeping it strong and healthy.