Frequently Asked Questions
- What is included in the box?
- What are the dimensions of the TrueMix 500?
- What are the inputs and outputs of the TrueMix 500?
- Does the TrueMix 500 have Phantom Power?
- What are the impedance statistics for the inputs on the TrueMix 500?
- Can I use this as an audio interface?
- When I plug my TrueMix 500 into my computer, it is recognized as a different mixer! Why is this?
What is included in the box?
You'll find the following contents upon opening your TrueMix 500 for the first time!
- TrueMix 500
- Power Adapter
- USB Cable
- Registration Card
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
What are the dimensions of the TrueMix 500?
The dimensions (width x depth x height) are as follows :
- 6.3" x 7.6" x 2.6"
- 159.5 mm x 193 mm x 66 mm
What are the inputs and outputs of the TrueMix 500?
The TrueMix 500 features the following outputs and inputs!
- (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS outputs
- (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS stereo L/R inputs
- (1) 1/4" (6.35 mm) TRS headphone output
- (1) 1/4" (6.35 mm) TRS mono input
- (1) XLR input
- (1) Stereo RCA L/R input
- (1) Stereo RCA L/R output
- (1) USB type-B input
- (1) DC power input
Does the TrueMix 500 have Phantom Power?
Yes! Please note that phantom power cannot be disabled on the Truemix 500 microphone input. Phantom power can cause damage to certain types of microphones, particularly ribbon microphones. Please use caution and consult your microphone’s documentation to find out if it is usable with phantom power before attempting to connect it to TrueMix 500’s Mic Input.
What are the impedance statistics for the inputs on the TrueMix 500?
The Truemix 500 impedance statistics are as follows!
- Mic inputs: 3.9 kΩ
- All other inputs: > 10 kΩ
- 2TK output: 1 kΩ
- All other outputs: 120 Ω
Can I use this as an audio interface?
Yes! The USB output on the back of the TrueMix 500 can run audio directly to your DAW. This USB will send out the Master mix of the unit, and cannot output individual tracks.
When I plug my TrueMix 500 into my computer, it is recognized as a different mixer! Why is this?
The TrueMix 500 uses a common driver and USB assembly that can be found in a variety of M-Audio interfaces. If you already have one of these device drivers installed, the TrueMix will recognize those drivers and connect to your computer automatically under the same driver profile, so rest assured your unit is working correctly!